Trading In Used Books
GREAT NEWS - WE ARE RESUMING USED BOOKS TRADE-INS!
We know you have been waiting patiently with your burgeoning stacks of books to trade in, and we're thrilled to begin restocking our Used Book Cellar.
In order to manage the high demand, we will operate on an appointment-only basis for the time being.
This will allow us to properly manage the influx of books and give each customer proper attention - your understanding and cooperation are much appreciated!
Read on for more details...
All Trade-In Customers Must Schedule an Appointment
- Appointments will be available on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 1-3:30, starting Tuesday, July 13th.
- To book an appointment, call us at 781-431-1160 or stop by the store.
- We are not currently scheduling appointments outside these time frames. Please note also that we cannot accept drop-offs.
Please Follow the Rules
In order to make sure you get the most from your visit, we can't stress enough how important it is to understand and follow the guidelines below.
WE ARE ACCEPTING ONLY PAPERBACK BOOKS, AND ONLY IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- For adults - Fiction, Mystery, SF, Poetry/Drama, narrative Non-Fiction (including History, Biography, Memoir, and Essays).
- For children - Beginning Readers & Chapter Books, Middle Grade Fiction, and YA Fiction.
WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING, AND WILL NOT CONSIDER, BOOKS IN THESE CATEGORIES:
- How-to guides
- Dated materials, such as travel guides
BOOKS MUST BE IN ACCEPTABLE CONDITION
- Spines must be intact, covers must be sticker-free, and inside pages must be free of marginal notes.
WE WILL CONSIDER A MAXIMUM OF 50 BOOKS PER APPOINTMENT
- This is roughly the equivalent of two paper grocery bags or small boxes.
WE MAY NOT TAKE EVERY BOOK
- Even if your book checks all the right boxes, if other customers have already traded-in the same title, we're likely not going to want more copies. It's always possible that will change as books sell, and we may suggest trying again down the road.
We Want Your Appointment to Run Smoothly
- You want to leave with as few books as possible, ideally none.
- We want to restock our used book cellar with an assortment of great titles in good condition.
- The best way for us to accomplish both our goals is to follow all of the above rules!
We Look Forward to Seeing You!