Reopening by Appointment
We are thrilled to be open, and we can't wait to welcome back all our customers and friends!!!
Right now, though, we're also being extra careful how we go about it - your safety and our safety are most important. We've decided to start slowly, by offering a limited number of half-hour appointments, between the hours of 10:00 and 5:00 Monday through Saturday.
If you'd like to come in and browse, please call us at 781-431-1160 to schedule your appointment. We are also happy to assist with suggestions and direct you to the newest and best books and gifts. When you call to book your appointment, we'll ask if you'd like us to help in any particular area of the store - but if you just want to browse on your own, that's fine, too!
Appointment guidelines are as follows:
- Wear a mask at all times while in the store.
- Sanitize your hands using the hands-free dispenser immediately upon arrival.
- Maintain minimum 6’ physical distancing with booksellers during your visit.
- Each appointment is a maximum of 30 minutes and can include a maximum of four people.
- Our Used Book Cellar is currently closed, but we're happy to bring used books upstairs to you.
In addition to our own masks and physical distancing, we will be sanitizing high-touch surfaces in between customer appointments, implementing contactless check-out, and following all required safety guidelines. In order to support contactless checkout, we strongly encourage credit cards (or Wellesley Books gift cards) over cash.
Curbside pickup remains a great option for many situations, and we will gladly take your order over the phone or through our website. Curbside pickup hours are 10:00 - 5:00 Mondays through Saturdays, and 11:00 - 5:00 Sundays.