Middle-Grade Monthly Subscription
Middle-Grade Monthly is a subscription service for kids ages 8 to 12. Each month, our children's buyer Lauren will select a newly released chapter book. Get your hands on the newest and soon-to-be coveted books of the year. You can pick the book up from the store or have it mailed to you. Monthly and yearly subscriptions are available.
The March 2023 pick is Hoops by Matt Tavares.
A work of fiction inspired by a true story, Matt Tavares’s debut graphic novel dramatizes the historic struggle for gender equality in high school sports.
It is 1975 in Indiana, and the Wilkins Regional High School girls’ basketball team is in their rookie season. Despite being undefeated, they practice at night in the elementary school and play to empty bleachers. Unlike the boys’ team, the Lady Bears have no buses to deliver them to away games and no uniforms, much less a laundry service. They make their own uniforms out of T-shirts and electrical tape. And with help from a committed female coach, they push through to improbable victory after improbable victory. Illustrated in full color, this story about the ongoing battle of women striving for equality in sports rings with honesty, bravery, and heart.
Here are the payment options for Middle-Grade Monthly:
For a rolling subscription, with pick-up in store, a monthly fee of $20 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
For a rolling subscription, with shipping, a monthly fee of $23 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with pick-up at the store, the one-time fee is $240. Click here to purchase a whole year with pickup at the store.
For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with shipping, the one-time fee is $276. Click here to purchase a whole year with shipping.
Please use the form below to purchase a rolling subsciption. You will need to save your credit card to your user account for this option.
How will the recipient be notified that books are ready for pick-up?
- Please include a phone number for the parents or guardians so we can let them know when the book is available. If you've chosen to ship the subscription you'll be prompted to add the address of the recipient.
When will the book arrive?
- Each month, the chosen book will be set aside or mailed on its release date, which is typically a Tuesday. Release dates vary and are set by the publisher.
How will the books be shipped?
- The books are shipped media mail and will arrive within 3-7 business days depending on destination. At this time, we can only ship within the US.
Can I request a signed copy?
- Whenever possible we will request signed copies from the publisher. Signed copies will not be individually personalized.
Can I have the book wrapped?
- Yes, you can! Please note in the comments section if you would like the book wrapped.
What if I need to cancel my rolling subscription?
- Please email email@example.com ONE week prior to the 1st of the month to cancel.