Consignment at Wellesley Books

As a local business, our consignment program allows us to support authors who live and work in our community. For this program, we define "local" to mean Wellesley and the towns that immediately surround us, from whence we draw most of our customers. We know this rules out many communities in the greater Boston area; however, experience has shown that, for consignment books to actually sell, the local connection is key.

Your book must meet the following minimum criteria in order to qualify. These include:

  • Books must have an ISBN and scannable barcode.
  • Books must be recently published (within the last six months).
  • The title and author's name must be printed on the spine.

 

In addition, you (the author) must either currently live or work in one of the following communities:

  • Wellesley
  • Dedham
  • Dover
  • Framingham
  • Medfield
  • Natick
  • Needham
  • Newton
  • Sherborn
  • Sudbury
  • Weston

 

We stock titles for a minimum of 90 days and for as long as sales continue at a reasonable pace. We do periodically discontinue consignment titles in order to keep our inventory fresh and to create room for newer books, and will notify you when we have remaining copies for you to pick up.

We take a 40% discount from the selling price for all copies sold, and you keep the remaining 60%. We issue payment when we request replenishment, as well as a final payment for any additional copies sold when we discontinue your book.

If you wish to proceed, please provide us with the following information about yourself and your book, and we will review your request. If we decide to bring in your book, we will send you an e-mail with additional information confirming terms and logistics. Please note that we are unable to reply to consignment requests that fall outside the above criteria.

 

All fields marked with '*' denotes mandatory fields
This is how we will communicate with you. Please make sure to add consignment@wellesleybooks.com to your whitelist.
How would you categorize your book? Where should it go on our shelves?
Please indicate hardcover or paperback.
Books must have an ISBN and a scannable barcode.
We pay 60% of the list price for copies sold. Payments are made on a quarterly basis.
Please note that we do not accept books published or printed by Amazon.
We consider only newly or recently published books, within the first six months of release.
All books must be printed with the title and author on the spine, so that they can be identified when they are shelved.
If you are not a current resident of Wellesley or one of our neighboring towns, please indicate here how your book relates to our area.
How will potential buyers know they can find it here?
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.