A Child's Library
Wellesley Books is happy to announce its inaugural A Child's Library: a subscription service for children ages 3-6! Each month, our children's book buyer, Lauren, will select one newly released picture book to be sent or picked-up from the store. The purpose of A Child's Library is to help foster a love for books within the child's home. It makes a great baby shower gift!
The May 2021 pick is Grandpa Across the Ocean by Hyewon Yum.
ABOUT Grandpa Across the Ocean
"Grandpa lives on the other side of the ocean. He takes naps all the time. He eats different foods. He speaks an unfamiliar language. His house is the most boring place on Earth!
Or is it? A little time together just might reveal that Grandpa is also a great singer, an energetic sandcastle builder, and a troublemaker . . . just like his grandson!
With her signature warmth and humor, award-winning author-illustrator Hyewon Yum shares the challenges and joys of having a relative who lives far away—proving that even from across the ocean, the grandparent-grandchild relationship is a very special one."
Here are the payment options for A Child's Library:
- For a rolling subscription, with pick-up in store, a monthly fee of $20 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a rolling subscription, with shipping, a monthly fee of $23 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with pick-up at the store, the one-time fee is $240. Click here to purchase a whole year with pickup at the store.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with shipping, the one-time fee is $276. Click here to purchase a whole year with shipping.
Please use the form below to purchase a rolling subsciption. You will need to save your credit card to your user account for this option.
How will the recipient be notified that books are ready for pick-up?
- Please include a phone number for the parents or guardians so we can let them know when the book is available. If you've chosen to ship the subscription you'll be prompted to add the address of the recipient.
When will the book arrive?
- Each month, the chosen book will be set aside or mailed on its release date, which is typically a Tuesday. Release dates vary and are set by the publisher.
How will the books be shipped?
- The books are shipped media mail and will arrive within 3-7 business days depending on destination. At this time, we can only ship within the US.
Can I request a signed copy?
- Whenever possible we will request signed copies from the publisher. Signed copies will not be individually personalized.
Can I have the book wrapped?
- Yes, you can! Please note in the comments section if you would like the book wrapped.
What if I need to cancel my rolling subscription?
- Please email email@example.com ONE week prior to the 1st of the month to cancel.