A Child's Library
Wellesley Books is happy to announce its inaugural A Child's Library: a subscription service for children ages 0-5 (or anyone who loves picture books)! Each month, our children's book buyer, Lauren, will select one newly released picture book to be sent or picked-up from the store. The purpose of A Child's Library is to help foster a love for books within the child's home. It makes a great baby shower gift!
The September 2020 pick is Digging for Words by Angela Burke Kunkel.
ABOUT Digging for Words
"In the city of Bogotá, in the barrio of La Nueva Gloria, there live two Josés.
One, a garbage collector, prepares his truck for its route through wealthy neighborhoods. Señor José drives all night, scanning the sidewalks as he works, searching for hidden treasure....
The other, a young boy, dreams of Saturday, when he can visit Señor José's library, filled with towering stacks of books rescued from the trash.
This stunning celebration of community and libraries was inspired by the life of José Alberto Gutiérrez, who has helped to bring the magic of books to the children of Columbia."
Here are the payment options for A Child's Library:
- For a rolling subscription, with pick-up in store, a monthly fee of $20 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a rolling subscription, with shipping, a monthly fee of $23 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with pick-up at the store, the one-time fee is $240. Click here to purchase a whole year with pickup at the store.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with shipping, the one-time fee is $276. Click here to purchase a whole year with shipping.
Please use the form below to purchase a rolling subsciption. You will need to save your credit card to your user account for this option.
How will the recipient be notified that books are ready for pick-up?
- Please include a phone number for the parents or guardians so we can let them know when the book is available. If you've chosen to ship the subscription you'll be prompted to add the address of the recipient.
When will the book arrive?
- Each month, the chosen book will be set aside or mailed on its release date, which is typically a Tuesday. Release dates vary and are set by the publisher.
How will the books be shipped?
- The books are shipped media mail and will arrive within 3-7 business days depending on destination. At this time, we can only ship within the US.
Can I request a signed copy?
- Whenever possible we will request signed copies from the publisher. Signed copies will not be individually personalized.
Can I have the book wrapped?
- Yes, you can! Please note in the comments section if you would like the book wrapped.
What if I need to cancel my rolling subscription?
- Please email email@example.com ONE week prior to the 1st of the month to cancel.