A Child's Library
Wellesley Books is happy to announce its inaugural A Child's Library: a subscription service for children ages 3-6! Each month, our children's book buyer, Lauren, and school liaison Cassie will select one newly released picture book to be sent or picked-up from the store. The purpose of A Child's Library is to help foster a love for books within the child's home. It makes a great baby shower gift!
The July 2021 pick is Amara and the Bats by Emma Reynolds.
ABOUT Amara and the Bats
"Amara loves bats! Her favorite thing to do is to collect bat facts and watch the amazing mammals fly at night by her house. But when Amara moves to a new town, she learns that her beloved bats no longer roost nearby because so many trees are being cut down.
Amara is upset. What can she do to help? She’s just one person, and the problem feels so much bigger than her. But after doing some research, she discovers that there are many young people making big changes all around the world. Inspired to take action, Amara gathers her new friends to help save the bats. Together, she knows they can make a difference!
Emma Reynolds crafts an inspiring story about community action, perseverance, and what to do in the face of climate anxiety. At its heart, this is a story about hope and finding a place to call home."
Here are the payment options for A Child's Library:
- For a rolling subscription, with pick-up in store, a monthly fee of $20 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a rolling subscription, with shipping, a monthly fee of $23 will be charged to your card between the 1st and 3rd of each month.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with pick-up at the store, the one-time fee is $240. Click here to purchase a whole year with pickup at the store.
- For a yearly subscription (12 books total), with shipping, the one-time fee is $276. Click here to purchase a whole year with shipping.
Please use the form below to purchase a rolling subsciption. You will need to save your credit card to your user account for this option.
How will the recipient be notified that books are ready for pick-up?
- Please include a phone number for the parents or guardians so we can let them know when the book is available. If you've chosen to ship the subscription you'll be prompted to add the address of the recipient.
When will the book arrive?
- Each month, the chosen book will be set aside or mailed on its release date, which is typically a Tuesday. Release dates vary and are set by the publisher.
How will the books be shipped?
- The books are shipped media mail and will arrive within 3-7 business days depending on destination. At this time, we can only ship within the US.
Can I request a signed copy?
- Whenever possible we will request signed copies from the publisher. Signed copies will not be individually personalized.
Can I have the book wrapped?
- Yes, you can! Please note in the comments section if you would like the book wrapped.
What if I need to cancel my rolling subscription?
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ONE week prior to the 1st of the month to cancel.