The Pink Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #5) (Hardcover)
Currently out of stock - NOT AVAILABLE TO ORDER
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series series.
- #1: The Blue Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #1) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #2: The Red Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #2) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #3: The Green Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #3) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #4: The Yellow Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #4) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: The Gray Fairy Book: Complete and Unabridged (Andrew Lang Fairy Book Series #6) (Hardcover): $14.99
"Some of the first, and best, stories we ever hear in our lives."—Washington Post
The Pink Fairy Book has been admired time and time again, enchanting readers with its carefully crafted prose and eclectic assortment of fairy tales. Originally published in 1897, this collection of celebrated tales has stood the test of time. Some of the famous stories included are
- The Princess in the Chest
- The Snow-Queen
- The Water of Life
- The Wounded Lion
- The Two Brothers
- The Merry Wives
- And many more!
The imaginations of children throughout time have been formed and nurtured by stories passed down from generation to generation. Of the countless genres of stories, fairy tales often conjure the most vivid, fantastical worlds and ideas, which cultivate creativity and bring elements of magic back into the real world. The Fairy Books, compiled by famous Scottish novelist and poet Andrew Lang, are widely considered among some of the best collections ever compiled.
About the Author
Andrew Lang was a Scottish poet, novelist, and literary critic, as well as a well-known collector of fairy tales. He was born in Selkirk, Scotland. Throughout his lifetime, he wrote, edited, collected, or contributed to more than 150 works, most notable of which are his Fairy Books. He died on July 20th, 1912, at age 68.
Henry J. Ford was an esteemed, prolific artist and illustrator from England, who developed his talent during the period known as the Golden Age of Illustration. He was catapulted into the public eye upon providing illustrations for Andrew Lang’s Fairy Books. His fame and success peaked when his art was featured in works by C. R. L Fletcher and Rudyard Kipling. He continued to illustrate classic works until he died in 1941.