Silos, Politics and Turf Wars: A Leadership Fable about Destroying the Barriers That Turn Colleagues Into Competitors (J-B Lencioni #17) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the J-B Lencioni series.
- #1: The 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable... about Restoring Sanity to the Most Important Organization in Your Life (J-B Lencioni #1) (Hardcover): $28.94
- #12: The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: The Four Disciplines at the Heart of Making Any Organization World Class (J-B Lencioni #12) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #13: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni #13) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #15: Death by Meeting: A Leadership Fable...about Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business (J-B Lencioni #15) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #16: Overcoming the Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Field Guide for Leaders, Managers, and Facilitators (J-B Lencioni #16) (Paperback): $27.95
- #27: The Truth about Employee Engagement: A Fable about Addressing the Three Root Causes of Job Misery (J-B Lencioni #27) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #32: The Five Temptations of a CEO: A Leadership Fable (J-B Lencioni #32) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #33: Getting Naked: A Business Fable about Shedding the Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty (J-B Lencioni #33) (Hardcover): $24.95
Practical and hands-on strategies for breaking down silos and minimizing workplace politics
In yet another page-turner, New York Times best-selling author and acclaimed management expert Patrick Lencioni addresses the costly and maddening issue of silos: the barriers that create organizational politics. Silos devastate organizations, kill productivity, push good people out the door, and jeopardize the achievement of corporate goals.
As with his other books, Lencioni writes Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars as a fictional--but eerily familiar--story. The story is about Jude Cousins, an eager young management consultant struggling to launch his practice by solving one of the more universal and frustrating problems faced by his clients. Through trial and error, he develops a simple yet ground-breaking approach for helping them transform confusion and infighting into clarity and alignment.
In the book, you'll find:
- Ways to recognize the devastating-and destructive-power of silos
- How to create an overarching thematic goal or rallying cry for your organization
- Strategies for employees to avoid the confusion that often accompanies working in matrix organizations
Perfect for executives, managers, and other business leaders, Silos, Politics, and Turf Wars will also earn a place in the libraries of consultants and other professionals who serve organizations of all sizes.
About the Author
PATRICK LENCIONI is founder and president of The Table Group, a management consulting firm specializing in executive team development and organizational health. As a consultant and keynote speaker, he has worked with thousands of senior executives in organizations ranging from Fortune 500s and high-tech start-ups to universities and nonprofits. He is the author of nine nationally recognized books, including the New York Times best-seller The Five Dysfunctions of a Team. You can reach him at The Table Group's web site, www.tablegroup.com For a free downloadable Silo tool, or to sign up for Patrick's newsletter, please visit www.tablegroup.com/silos