The Magic Trap (The Lemonade War Series #5) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Lemonade War Series series.
- #1: The Lemonade War (The Lemonade War Series #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Lemonade Crime (The Lemonade War Series #2) (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: The Bell Bandit (The Lemonade War Series #3) (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: The Candy Smash (The Lemonade War Series #4) (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: The Bridge Battle (The Lemonade War Series #6) (Hardcover): $17.99
The fifth installment of the popular Lemonade War series! Siblings Jessie and Evan Treski have waged a lemonade war, sought justice in a class trial, unmasked a bell thief, and stood at opposite ends over the right to keep secrets. Now they are creating a magic show—a professional magic show, in their own backyard!
They practice, they study, and they practice some more. And who shows up? Their father, who has done such a good job of disappearing over the past few years.
Just as Evan and Jessie took on running a business in The Lemonade War and a court of law in The Lemonade Crime, in this fifth novel of the bestselling Lemonade War series, they take on the challenges of magic and illusion, all while discovering some hidden truths about their own family. Another fresh, funny, emotionally charged novel by the author Books for Kids calls "one of the best writers for the middle grades around."
Like a modern-day Beverly Cleary, Jacqueline Davies writes with heart, humor, and honesty about family and school life for middle schoolers.
The five books in this fun-to-read series are:
- The Lemonade War
- The Lemonade Crime
- The Bell Bandit
- The Candy Smash
- The Magic Trap
About the Author
Jacqueline Davies is the bestselling author of the Lemonade War series, which has inspired young readers across the world to raise money for charitable causes. She is also the award-winning author of the Sydney and Taylor series, illustrated by Deborah Hocking, and Bubbles . . . UP!, illustrated by Sonia Sánchez, which was selected as an ALA Booklist Editors’ Choice and was distinguished as a book of outstanding merit on Bank Street College’s Best Books of the Year list. Visit her online at www.jacquelinedavies.net.
* "Zeroing in with uncommon perspicacity on the push-and-pull relationship between the two children...Davies casts them into a series of strenuous tests...Action and humor make the hard lessons go down easy."
--Kirkus, starred review
"The series' many fans won't want to miss this one."