Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child: A Step-by-Step Program for a Good Night's Sleep, 3rd Edition (Hardcover)
Usually ships to store in 4-6 days.
One of the country's leading researchers updates his revolutionary approach to solving--and preventing--your children's sleep problems
Here Dr. Marc Weissbluth, a distinguished pediatrician and father of four, offers his groundbreaking program to ensure the best sleep for your child. In Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, he explains with authority and reassurance his step-by-step regime for instituting beneficial habits within the framework of your child's natural sleep cycles. This valuable sourcebook contains brand new research that
- Pinpoints the way daytime sleep differs from night sleep and why both are important to your child
- Helps you cope with and stop the crybaby syndrome, nightmares, bedwetting, and more
- Analyzes ways to get your baby to fall asleep according to his internal clock--naturally
- Reveals the common mistakes parents make to get their children to sleep--including the inclination to rock and feed
- Explores the different sleep cycle needs for different temperaments--from quiet babies to hyperactive toddlers
- Emphasizes the significance of a nap schedule
Rest is vital to your child's health growth and development. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child outlines proven strategies that ensure good, healthy sleep for every age. Advises parents dealing with teenagers and their unique sleep problems
About the Author
A pediatrician with forty years of experience, Marc Weissbluth, M.D., is also a leading researcher on sleep and children. He founded the original Sleep Disorders Center at Chicago’s Children’s Memorial Hospital (now called the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago) and is a professor of clinical pediatrics at Northwestern University School of Medicine. In addition to his own research, he has written about sleep problems in manuals of pediatrics, lectured extensively to parent groups, is a regular at the 92nd Street Y, and has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Dr. Weissbluth and his wife of more than fifty years, Linda, have four sons and eight grandchildren. They live in Chicago.
“I love Dr. Weissbluth’s philosophy that the most important thing to have is a well-rested family. And fortunately, thanks to this book, most days (and nights) we do!”
–from the Foreword by Cindy Crawford